The healthcare industry has changed dramatically in the last ten years with the advent of Internet of Things (IoT) devices increasing on the network. IoT technologies are rapidly becoming part of the high-tech medical arena. Medical devices are now connected to the network in order to help doctors, nurses, and support teams provide critical care services for patients. The new interconnected device types are not always easily controlled as the typical Windows and Macintosh systems of the past. This new uncontrolled environment leaves hospitals and other medical service providers accepting great levels of risk in order to improve services.
There were 339 healthcare organizations breached in 2017 alone. It is important to partner with an organization that understands the unique risks facing healthcare today. Kenya Internet Security has been helping some of the largest hospitals in Kenya solve some of those challenges.
How we help
How we assist Healthcare and Medical Providers
- Cyber Security Consultants : Full-Time, Part-Time, or On-Demand
- Cyber Security Project Management : Our project team will manage cyber security projects from start to finish, alleviating resource constraints.
- Medical and IoT Asset Inventory : Our team will identify inventory on the network and prioritize assets based on overall risk.
- Medical Device Vulnerability Management : We will evaluate medical and IoT devices for vulnerabilities before malware or hackers do.
- HIPAA Risk Assessments : Our team of HIPAA auditors will review current risks to see where controls may be missing across the enterprise.
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) : Risk assessments and audits designed to meet compliance.
- Security Log Monitoring Services : 24×7 monitoring of devices or the infrastructure that protects those devices.
- Risk Management Services : New IT projects, new medical devices, and new IoT devices come with risks. Let us help determine risk levels.
- Vendor Management Services : Healthcare vendors must be evaluated for Cyber
- Security Controls in order to protect your organization.
- Medical Device Security and Privacy Requirements : We will prioritize devices to be secured based on real attack scenarios and risk to patients.
- Medical Device Risk Assessments : This can be a complete medical device risk assessment engagement, or new devices coming online requiring a risk assessment.
- We are here to supplement your current team.